View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 08:43 AM   #865
grumpysnapper

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Spaulding View Post
@86TOYO2k17 Thanks for the suggestions. As for the wheels, for a time I considered going the 16" higher profile tire route but decided to stick with 17 x 8s with moderately sticky (Conti Ext Cont Sport) 225/45 tires.
Sounds good mate, I never want 'too much' mechanical grip on a car either.
By that I mean having to drive ridiculously hard in order to find the cars' grip limits...its simply not fun or safe, on a public road. (I'm not in a position to make any judgements about track work)

I tend to value a car that is playful at 8/10th's rather than suicidal at 10/10th's.... and is potentially 'catchable' if you are possibly caught out at 10/10th's...
I also happen to think that ultimately, in the real world, its actually a quicker way of getting from 'point A to point B'
My view is that a reasonable sidewall can help a car be fun by having a more progressive transition... sort of letting you know what its thinking of doing next.

Even with nannies off constantly (except ABS) on 16"x 7"s with 225/55 Pirelli P1's and P7's, with its new engine and higher boost, the car is very drivable in the dry. In the wet you do need to concentrate!

Cheers, Lyndon
grumpysnapper is offline   Reply With Quote