View Single Post
Old 04-04-2020, 04:47 PM   #859
Capt Spaulding
Persona Non Grata

Drives: '15 BRZ (WRB)
Thanked 2,780 Times in 1,200 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
@86TOYO2k17 Thanks for the suggestions. As for the wheels, for a time I considered going the 16" higher profile tire route but decided to stick with 17 x 8s with moderately sticky (Conti Ext Cont Sport) 225/45 tires.

My real interest now is on the suspension. I'm not interested in running the car to track limits, either on a track on on the road. So lowering it is not on my agenda. I'd like to keep the stock ride height and increase the precision of the wheel control without sacrificing comfort. The car is not bad at all now, but in some bumpy corners it will crow hop.

Power is down a bit on my to do list. I was interested in g'snapper's experience because I think his vision for his car is as close to mine as I've seen. FI is a possibility, but not hugely probable. Same for lowering the FD ratio. I live on the TX/Mex border and it's a long way to anywhere. Most of the speed limits in between are "generous." On top of that the median speed on highways posted at 75 mph is usually closer to 85. Probably not going to spin the engine any tighter than I do now.

Weight is similar. I've considered a rear seat delete, but if I did so, I'd pull all the carpeting and line the rear half of the car with sound deadening. One hand removes, the other adds. Thanks again.
UNREAL (04-04-2020)