Impureclient
Banned

Drives: 2015 FR-S
Thanked 2,903 Times in 1,282 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
We've had a tankless water heater in our house for over 20 years, and if we ever move the first thing I would do is switch the tank water heater for a tankless. It isn't about saving money for me, its about never-ending hot water.
This is my prototype test run unit so I am trying to keep costs down yet still make it handle anything 1-2 people can throw at it with the only compromise being it's smaller size.
If it doesn't sell, at this point looking at other similar units for sale it easily should though, I also need one to put on the new land to live in while we build that house.
I wanted it comfortable(unlike most small RVs) and efficient and so far I've kept costs to build it minimal.
For my own house I build I am definitely going tankless. I'd change my current house out to tankless but I just changed it out to a regular tanked about 6 months ago.

Since I've made a couple of these posts about building this one I'm currently doing I haven't put too much thought into exactly what it should sell for.
I'd be curious what people in here say is a reasonable amount these should go for. When I get toward the end I will put up all info and see what people say but it
would be nice now to know since as I go that can determine how fancy I get with the countertops/cabinets/flooring/fixtures/lighting/etc.

I pretty much am building to follow all to code as if it were a new home. That means making it fireproof for a forest fire prone area, hurricane rated for in South Florida, able to take about 3 feet of flood
water untouched inside(in it's closed/protected state it will be like almost like a boat) and also thermally efficient for both this hot climate and also a colder one.

Pretty much making this thing a tiny fire,wind and water proof beast. Inside will be close to 155 sqft. For now plans 1 bedroom/1 full bathroom/kitchenette w/eating area and living room.
Solid stone countertops in bath and kitchen, decent fixtures and lighting, lifetime laminate floors, R-values at current new build standard, lots of storage in form of closets/cabinets/cubby holes,
room for one Full bed or two Twin in the bedroom. There is plenty of room for desktop computer and/or several laptop capable places but we might make a bed that that can be raised away to conceal a full desk area.
This way the bedroom can be transformed into a office if this is used by a building contractor. They usually just get one of these with a bathroom/kitchenette on the building site but this is a fully
functioning movable home and for not much more than those stripped out units. There is of course room for a massive TV(70" if the plan stays it's current way as it keeps evolving as we build).

It would be able to sleep up to four easily with using a futon instead of regular love seat also. A family of four could use this as a small getaway unit instead of a hotel/cabin/campsite.
If bunkbeds are used in the bedroom, sleeping a total of six could actually be done. Still enough room for 6 people to even sit and have a place to eat too.
So with that said if anybody in here could give me a estimate on what it should go(what they would pay for something similar) for I'd greatly appreciate that.
Impureclient is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Impureclient For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (08-12-2019)