Old 10-26-2021, 09:17 AM   #370
nikitopo

Drives: '15 BRZ RA
Thanked 1,944 Times in 1,261 Posts
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irace86.2.0 View Post
There really aren't many trying for NA builds. Have you seen many? I haven't seen port n polished heads with lightweight n stronger springs with oversized valves and larger cams. Few go beyond a header and E85. Sometimes someone will do the Crawford powerblocks and a CAI. Occasionally I see a larger throttle body or someone trying to remove reciprocating mass with lightweight flywheel, driveshaft, pulleys, etc. People aren't trying to bypass the throttle body coolant. People aren't trying to squeeze everything out of this platform. Most just move on to forced induction. I don't know why that is less the case for Hondas and K-motors.
There are people trying and in fact achieving very interesting results, but as soon as they start posting information they get negativity and hate. There is the perception that Subaru has an expertise only in turbocharged engines and that the FA20 engine is not worth pushing it too much on a NA build. They probably forget that it is not really a Subaru engine, but more a Subaru/Toyota/Yamaha engine. The FA24 engine is another story ...

Anyway, I don't want to go too much off topic. It is good that a Honda engine will be available as a swap option and I'll look forward on details when the first Kpower kits are shipped.
nikitopo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nikitopo For This Useful Post:
Irace86.2.0 (10-27-2021), Wally86 (10-26-2021)