View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 02:30 AM   #37
Silverpike
popular among the JDM

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
I hope this easies your worries..now go and learn more my child! GOOO FROLIC IN THE MEDOWS!
Um, I appreciate the well-wishes, but some of the stuff you are saying is just incorrect.

Quote:
There are plenty of DI gurus arising from big shops that deals with DI, such as Cobb banging out plenty of fast Mazdaspeed 3s. (those are DI). The reason why many toyotas/Lexus with DI have not been tuned is due to the fact that the ECU is encrypted and people would rather not bother.
This is precisely what I'm worried about. Until I see proof positive, I'm worried the ECU is encrypted.

Quote:
The FRS/BRZ is one of the very few if not the only tuner friendly DI equipped car.
Not quite. The GM LNF motor is immensely popular, and has lots of factory tuning support.

Quote:
1. You do not need to source larger injectors for DI, theory says they never max out because they naturally atomize fuel at a leaner level.
Umm, this is physically impossible. Injector open duration has no relationship with atomization level.

All injectors, DI, EFI, NOS, or magic fairy dust have a duty cycle and are periodic, and 99% of the time are just a solenoid. They all have a maximum limits on open time.

MS3s by the way very much have an injector-limited power level. Most turbos don't cross this threshold. Big turbo builds must replace injectors. It's not clear whether the aftermarket has adapted DI for this yet; many simply switch to port injection.

Quote:
2. If you do need more fuel, Port Injection is there to supplement any fuel needs.
I'm hoping this is the case.
Silverpike is offline   Reply With Quote