NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,331 Times in 7,386 Posts
Mentioned: 108 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrrBussiere View Post
I know this thread is probably more dedicated towards Auto-X but I am taking the BRZ to my first drift event in a few weeks and have a couple of questions for anyone who has done one:

1. The car has been running slightly rich (I THINK) since I bought it a couple of months ago and took off the factory header in favor of a CNT UEL header, but I haven't gotten my tune from Delicious on it yet. If I don't have it by that time, will it be a disaster? Should I not run the car if it isn't running *perfect*?

2. I know the pedal dance, but I'm fairly certain that doesn't disable ALL the nannies. What do I need to do for the car to be able to perform at this event the way I want it to?

I have extremely limited experience so my friend is going to be driving/teaching me as Spirit Peak is one of the best places to learn AND has a "burnout box" so I can try and get comfortable too. I am taking off the front bumper (Rocket Bunny V2), both front fenders (Todoroki over fenders), and hood (Seibon CF) so as to minimize the amount of damage that can happen AND because the supercharger heats up like crazy and running hoodless would just be better.

Is there anything else I'm missing? Any insights or general help would be greatly appreciated!
Without a wideband the best you can do is monitor temps. Not really ideal but I would just pay more attention to it. Maybe try to keep your runs short.

Pedal dance is a full nannies disable.
ArrrBussiere (10-19-2020)