Undisputed El Presidente

Drives: Zenki 37J ZN6
Thanked 9,397 Times in 5,261 Posts
Mentioned: 374 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spcmafia View Post
"How to build a computer" JayzTwoCents

Very straight forward guy and no nonsense. I watched that video as I was building mine.

A few additional tips.
-Fan Cabling orientation makes a difference when dealing with cable management. Chances are that you will place it in the wrong orientation and realize only after once you begin to tuck stuff in. What I recommend is just to experience that because it builds that extra knowledge.

-BIOS updates, some MOBOs do not come updated, so if your computer does not post, chances are you need to update the MOBO. Look for a USB port that says "BIOS FLSHBCK", if available, and use that, follow instructions on your MOBO user guide. Only after that you can move on to a possible issue with RAM, CPU, Battery.

-If you haven't done so, get a fully modular PSU, you'll thank me later.

-CPU will only go in one way, if it doesn't, don't force it. It should slide right into the socket.

-Only a small drop of thermal paste is needed.

-RAM should be the same brand and specs if using multiple slots.

-Patience is key

There's a lot more I could say but I don't know the extend of your PC building knowledge. But have fun!
That's all great. I have very limited knowledge as this will be my first time. I did get the same RAM, but I only have a semi modulare 750w PSU from my current PC that I am going to try and use to keep cost down, but we'll see how it goes.

"Just like how a strut bar somehow enables you to corner 20MPH faster around a cloverleaf on-ramp, when the reality is, you can do it already but you just don't have to balls to do it." - CSG David
finch1750 is offline   Reply With Quote