View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 12:21 AM   #27
cfusionpm

Drives: Firestorm 6MT Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
I was the fat kid all through school, for as long as I can remember. On top of that, I was in band (first chair clarinet, snare/quads/drum set) for six years. I got my fair share of teasing and bullying. Thanks to my dad, he helped me turn it around. I mean, yeah establishing dominance by throwing that asshat jock to the ground will "solve" the issue temporarily (and I had at least two instances of that... Being twice their weight helps in that regard...). But the best solution he gave me was to spit it back at them better, funnier, more clever, more witty. Take the upper hand by making fun of yourself before they can make fun of you. Doing that makes their verbal abuse less powerful. Takes the wind completely out of their sails and gets the "crowd" on your side if you can make them laugh.

Got me through high school and college after "kicking someone's ass" wasn't an option anymore. :P

I'm still a big guy, working out to get back into shape, but I can spit back and forth with the best of them and make everyone laugh along the way. I'd like to think I have a great sense of humor and humility and I have my fat ass amd nerdy hobbies to thank.

2013 Firestorm 6MT Scion FR-S
cfusionpm is offline   Reply With Quote