steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4n0m41y View Post
Uhh oh...what did I do? So this morning on my way to work I was stopped at the top of a hill, but when I went to take off forgot I was still in third...chug...chug...die, slight moment of embarrassment. When I went to fire the engine back up I noticed it took several cranks...like so many more than normal that I'm bringing it up. But it eventually turned over and off I went.

I got about half a mile or so down the road and went to turn onto another street and accelerated in first, and instantly noticed that it felt like half my power was missing. For example instead of feeling the slight pull at around 3500 or so there was nothing until around 5500 and even that felt off. Got to work, parked it, thought...eah maybe it's just in my head.

This evening after work, jumped back in and nope...wasn't in my head. No power up until 5500/6000 and it just doesn't feel "right". No CEL though...which I find strange. Almost feels like it's starved for air, like something's choking it out. I pulled the air box off of it just to check and nothing at the filter level or down in the inlet pipe is obstructing airflow (for as far back as I could fit my hand (the piece that runs into the front bumper cover)).

Started thinking maybe the DI system isn't engaging...but you'd think there'd be a CEL in that case. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Have any ideas?

Not sure if it's worth mentioning or not, but I have a stage 1 OFT flash on the ecu (that was done like 4 or 5 months ago with no issues).

Bonus question: If I wind up taking this to the dealer should I flash back to the factory tune? I mean it's a 2013 that has no warranty left on anything. If I don't need to, I'd rather not flash it back.

Log data with oft

post logs to www.datazap.me

check di computer eathed with all three bolts

car starts on port

then switches to di and port
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote