spcmafia

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ
Thanked 4,144 Times in 1,989 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalogMan View Post
Question for those with 2017+ cars:

Did a tune and/or header make a meaningful difference for you? One you can feel in the seat of your pants?

I'd been going back and forth about whether or not to do a tune with or without a header on my car. I've read all the threads and watched all the youtube videos. From what I understand, it seems the benefits of a tune and header are most noticeable on pre-2017 cars, and less so on 2017+.

Has anyone with a 2017+ done a tune w/ or w/o a header? Can you really feel the difference? I don't care about shaving tenths of a second off some time, or a performance improvement that can only be measured on a dyno or a stopwatch. To me it would only be worthwhile if I can feel it in the seat of my pants (the only dyno that matters to me).

Thanks!

My 2018 BRZ improved in some aspects after loading the stage 1 tune from OFT. The most noticeable was the cold starts and RPMS in general. Car was quieter and took less time to settle down. Performance wise, like most tunes, you'll see the difference in power on the higher RPMs, after 4000. The torque dip was in a way diminished, but it was still noticeable, just not as evident as its stock form. Comparing the stage one, against a stage 2, which is the header version, the power difference is substantially greater. No torque dip, better throttle response, and certainly more power along the powerband.

I'm not saying a stage 1 will knock your socks off, but you can easily feel the difference in power. For $400, with the ability to switch between tunes with the touch of a button, is worth trying. Plus you can load an E85 tune within 3 minutes, switch back if you get tired or weary of it.
AnalogMan (03-15-2021), BrahmaBull1990 (03-15-2021), LimitedSlip (03-15-2021), Ohio Enthusiast (03-15-2021)