Sasquachulator
Pavement Grey

Drives: 2020 Toyota 86 GT, 2017 BMW X1
Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,205 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k View Post
You live in CALGARY and people don't know how to drive in winter? Lol, if they don't know there, where do they?!

I learned to drive in NC and even I know the "rocking" trick. Also FWD is far from ideal when you're going up a hill. Though there was one time, on a short road, that I drove up it in reverse because that was the only way I had enough traction (weight transfer onto the wheels beats transfer off).
Yup its true lol.
I was born here and there has been no improvement in driving behaviour. You would think living here for many years you should know all the quirks of some of the badly constructed roads and winter weather patterns but nope....same old shit every year lol.

-People who think they're high and mighty in their AWD vehicles....gets stuck
-People who think they can drive in winter like they do in summer...and accidents happen
-People are surprised that random winter patterns happen all the way until May and they get caught swapping to summer tires too early.
-Accidents happen on our major roadway because people like taking last minute turnoffs and/or dont know how to use a merge lane and cause accidents (partly due to badly constructed roads, partly due to idiots who dont know how to adapt to the badly constructed roads) and NEVER think ahead.

Happens every year and every year im surprised that no one learns lol.
Sasquachulator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sasquachulator For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (04-25-2022), daiheadjai (04-25-2022), Stephen W. (04-25-2022), Tcoat (04-25-2022), WolfpackS2k (04-25-2022)