View Single Post
Old 12-30-2020, 01:41 PM   #23
Ernest72

Drives: 16 Silver BRZ, 04 Silver WRX wagon
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalogMan View Post
You might also want to think about the repair and ongoing maintenance costs of a Porsche. A cheap, high-mileage water-cooled Porsche can turn out to be the most expensive car you'll ever own (unless you have the skills, tools, and facility to do your own work).

Check out the youtube videos of just the process to remove all the panels and get access to the engine on a Cayman. Yes, it's possible, but it's a lot easier to just pop the hood on a BRZ.
Totally agree and that’s what has kept me from pulling the trigger. I can do a lot of work on my own, but I am still worried about big things like engine failure. A lot more expensive then a BRZ. The car would be a weekend car so it will be easy to do the maintenance. Take my time, no rush if you don’t need the car. I have the BRZ and WRX that are reliable. I am not afraid of working on cars, took almost the entire interior out of my WRX to fix rust recently. It’s like a puzzle to me and fun, as long as you are not rushed. It’s worse when it’s your only car, then you have no choice but to finish the job. If I get frustrated, I just walk away, come back to it later. I need projects in my life.
Ernest72 is offline   Reply With Quote