View Single Post
Old 02-26-2019, 07:25 PM   #6
BlackOptics

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Vehicle Mileage: 64,959
Vehicle Make: Scion FR-S 2013
Mileage After Recall Performed:64960 (dealership misread mileage and tried to say 64596 so this may not be accurate.)
Symptom(s): Engine knocking CEL and Trac lights on after less than two days of driving and less than 100 miles. Happened while in traffic.
Failure: No catastrophic, but hard for engine to turn over, and dealer saying to replace the entire engine. Scaring on camshafts, cam tower, and damaged rod bearings.
State: Vancouver, Washington, USA
Dealership Offering Repair: McCords Vancouver Toyota.

I would also like to add that they refused to check the source of the cause after only checking to see if they installed the valve springs correctly, and blamed it on the oil filter and/or engine abuse.

Edit: As of now I've told Toyota to shove it as they want to charge 8k to drop a used engine from LKQ into my car, and bought directly from LKQ for the same engine they tried selling me, but for 1k less than Toyota's asking price, and took it to a trusted mechanic with 35 years experience. I would tell anyone in my area to stay clear of that dealership, and to not get the recall done on yours. From what I've seen it is more of a risk to your car than leaving them in.
BlackOptics is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BlackOptics For This Useful Post:
phm14 (06-08-2021)