EndlessAzure
Wheels for Brains

Drives: '14 FR-S [37J] | Daily/Track
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bach415 View Post
Sorry for making it sound complicating. Shouldn't have typed it when I just woke up. Anyway, you got the right idea about the Hi+.

Looking at the monogram connector (8 pin connector w/ 6 pins used)

1. White - LED +
2. N/A
3. N/A
4. Black - LED GND
5. Red - HID +
6. Black 12AWG - HID GRND
7. Yellow - High Beam +
8. Blue - High Beam GND

What you can do is put pair up the LED strip wire(white) on the headlight side with the parking+ wire(white) on the engine side (and tap the DRL live wire to the parking +). Theoretically, you should have the LED strip as DRL from the DRL live wire at that point and when you turn on your headlights, parking + should provide the power to the strip as well so you have it on all the time while DRL turns off.

Also just make sure that you didn't accidentally tapped the Hi Beam + as well as having it paired up with the LED wire on the headlight side.

If the problem still persist then I can only think of something tapped incorrectly or another wire is conflict with something else.
Yes, you are describing the guides exactly. I've done that already, but it doesn't address my problem: My problem is not to get the LED Bar to work as DRL. My problem is to prevent the HiBeam reflector flap from actuating during DRL mode.

If, at any point, you run the "DRL Live" to ground via the resistor circuit, it will trigger the HiBeam reflector. This is because the resistor circuit appears to get its power straight from HiBeam GND

Last edited by EndlessAzure; 06-17-2019 at 05:41 PM.
EndlessAzure is offline   Reply With Quote