Old 07-12-2021, 07:45 PM   #3084
p1l0t

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ Hyperblue
Thanked 9,371 Times in 4,813 Posts
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbradley View Post
I just realized why I never click thanks on your posts.

If we start making casual jokes about airplane safety/fatalities would you get a better understanding how stupid you look to others? Of course I wouldn't do that, it's completely inappropriate.

Your post adds nothing to this thread except showing everyone childish behaviour.

On a positive note I am past 2 weeks from 2nd shot, so fully protected until further notice.
I did have 1 side effect only from shot#2, which was Moderna. I had a tender shoulder and lymph node by my left collarbone and it seems to have passed now. The first, Pfizer, only made my deltoid slightly sore for 1-2 days.

I don't really mind wearing a mask that much which is good considering it will probably be part of life for quite some time to come.
Actually pilots make jokes about it all the time so that's not going to bother me. We can't live long enough learn the hard way from crashing so we are always reading about accidents. Sometimes that devolves into bad jokes too. Sort of in the same way paramedics have a dark sense of humor about medical cases. I just can't wait until most people get their vaccines and we can find some other crisis catch-all word excuse to over-react too. At least we got our minds off terrorism for a bit. I can't wait also until the real data comes in on the effectiveness, risk/reward, side-effects, and immunity to variants by people who have strong enough immune systems naturally vs people who are dependent on vaccines (and boosters) etc... of this. I worded that badly, I can wait, and I will. And you can try to blame me for being a host for mutations if you want but the vaccine doesn't stop you from carrying the virus. Who knows maybe in 5 years it will be normal to get weekly vaccinations. Or maybe we will have a vaccine that prevents all viruses. Time will tell. Besides when the variants do come around we will see who's immune system evolves the best to defend it. Maybe those with natural immunity, maybe those with a vaccine for something similar, maybe those who had both, maybe those with neither.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to p1l0t For This Useful Post:
Lantanafrs2 (07-12-2021)