View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 09:29 PM   #11
eriktherod

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Firestorm Red MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
The problem with the poll is I don't understand if you mean abolish the Scion brand entirely or just for sporty cars such as the FR-S.

If you are saying the former, no, the Scion brand can stay. If you are saying the latter, then yes, abolish the use of Scion for sports-oriented vehicles.

I think the Scion brand is great for marketing cars towards younger generations (disclaimer: I'm only 26). I get it, kids want fun cars with cute shapes that have things which tie into their devices (phones, tablets, iPods, etc). I don't mind Scion being the "entry level" for young people getting into the Toyota brand. It makes sense, you start in Scion, move to Toyota, then on to Lexus.

However, to put one of the best performance cars you have ever made into that same marquee is silly. Just because it's not "priced" like a Toyota would be, doesn't mean it should be in the Scion brand, even if it is a 'cool' car. It only gets aggravating further when other markets (EDM/JDM) get the original car and the US/CAN get a strangely modified edition. As a car enthusiast, it's maddening and really makes you somewhat annoyed at the manufacturer for picking a political reason for doing such rather than what many consumers think should have been done.
mrlewistan (02-06-2013)