View Single Post
Old 02-25-2020, 11:19 AM   #5298
peaches

Drives: '14 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnP19 View Post
Hey everyone. I've piddled around the interwebs in search of answers and I seem to be finding mixed opinions. Question: what size fuel pump/injectors are IDEAL for running with the high boost pulley+e85? I see a lot of 700cc injectors being used, with some saying that's not enough. While I think 1000cc+ might be a bit overkill. Split the difference @900ish?
I currently have a 340/lph fuel pump on hand, I think that'll be sufficient, just looking for a confirmation on that.
Lastly, my tuner is 2 hours away, what would you do?: A) install it all at home and get a limp-to-tuner-tune, or B)drive to tuner, install everything there, tune.
(I should mention all parts to install: HBP, pump, injectors, FFkit)
Thanks in advance for your insights and recommendations!
Install it at home, I'd hate to waste the tuner's time if something goes wrong with the install unless he is doing that for you. The pump is fine, injectors you won't find a definite answer. Some people swear they made 400s work and have no issues. Can they work? Yes, it's up to you to decide if you feel comfortable with that.

My tuner told me he had done 700s on a similar setup and they were maxed out, but that doesn't mean it won't work. Considering the price difference between 900 and 1200, I paid an extra $50 and got 1200s. Overkill? Yes, but I'm damn sure I won't run out of fuel.
peaches is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to peaches For This Useful Post:
ShawnP19 (02-25-2020)