View Single Post
Old 07-25-2015, 02:56 PM   #137
Zubit

Drives: 15-BRZ/65-Fastback
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So, since I'm the new kid here I said I would do a run this Saturday (Today). I did run it today. I left SA at 0715 and arrived back at 1321. It was supposed to be a dry run, but that eventually turned into not so fun run... as I ended up getting stuck being Ford product testing the new Mustang, Focus, and F150... but once they were gone it was goodish... yes.

Couple things to note about my driving before I define myself for public display:
1) I do not drive faster than what I can handle doing and/or the vehicle.
2) I tend not to break 100mph due to jail time (emphasis on the tend).
3) I usually do not pass cars unless I have distance due to police (broke that today and got pulled over).
-- I do pass cars if I know there is nothing in front and it is legal for the most part.
4) I do not drive with traction control/vehicle stability control on.
5) I do not accelerate at the top of the hill due to not knowing what is on the other side.
6) I usually shift in the 4-6RPM range // High RPM to me is 7,000+.

Trip wise, I suppose this where I define and allow people to make their opinion (I will not disclose speeds in public forum). I went clockwise Leakey to Camp Wood.

Medina - Leakey (FM337 West) - Most of it was in 5th/6th gear. After passing through Vanderpool and going into the hills/canyons it was an average of 3rd/4th gear.
Leakey - Camp Wood (FM337 West) - Stayed in 5th for most of the drive minus the hills and downshifted to 3rd/4th again.
Camp Wood - HW41 (55North/RR335North) - Averaged 5th, sometimes 6th gear. Downshifted to 4th for some of the turns.
Highway 41 (HW41 East) - 6th gear for the most part.
RR335 - Leakey (RR335 South) 5th gear, rotation between 3rd/4th with the rare 2nd downshift for some of the turns.
Leakey - Medina (FM337 East) Same as previous drive 5th/6th gear, hills were around 3rd/4th.

Note: Some of the straights in the hills I did shift into 5th and high RPMs prior to turning. I did not go into 6th while venturing into the hills. I did slide the rear around some corners in the hills. I will do what I can to get a TC for me as I don't want to have an open mic when it comes to turns if I do end up taking a group.

Event (which I will name a speed): I was clocked at 94 on FM337 East and was thusly pulled over. Constable was a nice guy and let me go. Even let me take pictures, woo. I was passing someone for going under the speed limit and it seems that every time I want to pass someone they purposely speed up so that I have to fight for it... The only time they don't is if they, for whatever reason, feel they need to give you approval to pass via a wave or turn signal. Just had to happen on the drive back as I was almost back to Medina. Break the rule and get gigged... figures.

I can add more to this post but I won't.

Last edited by Zubit; 07-25-2015 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Corrected a sentence ):
Zubit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zubit For This Useful Post:
AteMyShorts (07-25-2015), Extreme86 (07-25-2015)