View Single Post
Old 11-12-2021, 07:59 PM   #1
Myemim

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Which lowering springs (below or otherwise) would best suit 2017+ 86 stock shocks?

To start, I am new to modifying suspension. I am currently on stock suspension on my 2017 Toyota 86. I have 17x8 wheels with 225/45R17 tires (slightly taller than stock). I want to lower my car with springs for the cost and because I do not drive competitively. I also have a front lip that I want to minimize potential scraping long-term. Since I only do daily driving (at most canyon cruises), I am primarily looking for aesthetics and comfort; but I still value functionality and performance. I do not need the adjustability of coilovers. I plan on getting front camber bolts and perhaps rear LCAs for alignment if the need arises.

The two sets of springs that I am looking at are the RCE Yellows and the RS-R Down Sus 2017+ (SKU: T066D in particular) Links:
- https://www.racecompengineering.com/...rings-2013-brz
- https://www.rs-r.com/product/toyota-...-springs-2017/

I've read a number of threads and reviews of the RCE Yellow springs and they seem to be a good match with the kouki 86 shocks. The drop is a modest 20 mm all around which I appreciate. The spring rates are square but not too stiff with (converted) 4.46 kg/mm front and rear. Overall they seem great for my needs.

I have found nothing about the RS-R Down Sus 2017+ anywhere online, though RS-R is still reputable for their suspension. The RS-R's have listed Front 3.37kg/mm and Rear 4.18kg/mm rates, not square, with an advertised (-0.8in to -1.0in) drop all around. These springs are also cheaper at retail, though this might not matter if I can find a good deal around Black Friday or something.

If anyone more experienced in suspension could give their input I would greatly appreciate it! Feel free to make other product recommendations (springs or camber mods) as well.
Myemim is offline   Reply With Quote