View Single Post
Old 09-22-2021, 04:02 PM   #3
RayRay88

Drives: 2017 86 860 Special Edition
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phuviano View Post
So a few days ago. I installed some flex z coilovers. The endlinks wouldn't come off, so i cut them. However, i cut the bar part of the endlink. So the end link ends are still stuck on the sway bar and stock front suspension. I did end up completing the coilover install. However, there are no endlinks connected to the front sway bar. My car feels very wobbly. I feel like i'm going to crash into the curb or another car when i drive it.

I also did install some spc rear lca's, i had the camber adjusted to the most positive camber setting on both sides.

I don't have any way to grind down the end links without damaging the sway bar, so i'm thinking of just buying a new one.

Are the frs and brz oem front sway bars the same? Called Toyota, they said 2-3 weeks but its $25 cheaper. Called subaru said its 2-3 days.

Also is the wobble due no sway bar connected? or can my alignment be off that much that it causes the car to wobble side to side.

Fyi, everything was torqued down to spec the guide on this forum. I have no weird noises, just side to side wobble. The wobble is just at the front. The rear seems stable.
If you have a tap and die set, clean the threads thoroughly with a wire brush and run a die over it. The end link nut came off like butter after.
RayRay88 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RayRay88 For This Useful Post:
Phuviano (09-22-2021)