View Single Post
Old 04-10-2019, 11:30 PM   #12
imprezive

Drives: 2017 BRZ - WRB - PP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanwolf View Post
I personally think you should get a more powerful car within the price bracket. Unless you're okay with modifying the car to have more power/torque, you'll also have to accept the possibility reduced reliability or introduction of other variables you may not have had to worry about on an otherwise stock vehicle.

Edit: or drive it again, and hopefully, drive it a lot harder... 4.5k+ RPM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ermax View Post
Drive it again with the driver aids off (hold TC for 5secs) and focus more on the turns. Also, test drive the manual. AT has longer gearing from the IS250.
I will drive it again and I'm looking to find somebody local who has a modified one and would be willing to take me for a spin. I drove a manual and took it to 7k RPM 1st-3rd gear about 3 times, but there were no real turns on the test drive route. And since I'm not really comfortable with the car yet, I didn't want to give the poor sales guys a heart attack by trying to break the tail loose in a corner. Lol.

If I get the BRZ the whole point is to modify it. That's part of fun! I accept that this involves a certain level of compromise and even unpredictability, but I'd like to maintain some DD reliability and comfort.
imprezive is offline   Reply With Quote