Old 05-06-2016, 10:24 PM   #145
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristecom View Post
I'm sorry but what's the point of doing this? If you want a wagon, buy a car designed as a wagon. As mentioned before, doing this adds weight, makes it less rigid, and only adds a tiny bit of height to what you can store in the trunk. It would be totally retarded for Toyota or Subaru to invest any time into producing this. Just get one of the many wagons already out there.

But seriously, what would you need to fit in the trunk that would make it so desirable to want one of these? It just boggles my mind...
If done right there is certainly a market for this. It is not the sports car crowd but still a legitimate market. The majority of the coupes are not sold to people that hang out on forums and debate hp numbers but to Jane and Joe average driver that want a nice little second car. The increased cargo space and a altered rear seat that is actually usable would be a huge draw to those that want a more rounded use vehicle.
It is not that long ago that the minivan then SUV and crossovers pushed the traditional family sedan or station wagon aside as market leaders and that was all done based sold on practicality and hauling abilities.
Now that said I doubt that the North Americian buyers would flock to this but it could corner yet another niche market.
Dadhawk (05-07-2016), NemesisPrime909 (05-07-2016)