steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-S2GT86 View Post
I’ve been wondering if anybody has the coding skills to remap one of the unused pins of the ECU for use as the ethanol content sensor input so that we here in the US can get a flex-fuel kit that has the potential to be CARB compliant. Instead of substituting the ethanol sensor for the rear O2 sensor or the evap pressure sensor, which automatically disqualifies the modification from being compliant, to adding the additional sensor where there wasn’t one before. I would take this on personally if I had coding skills, or would be willing to supply someone with a spare ECU for research and development and would gladly help to pay to get this project started. Would anyone else here be interested in this?

Id say coding to unused outputs inputs would be extremely unlikely, not even ecutek do that and they have full time coders. It may becaise unused inputs outputs not wired out to connection pins or that to code extra inputs\outputs is way more difficult than just repurposing existing inputs\outputs.

Even just altering ecu code required a high level of skills and a lot of time
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote