Old 10-14-2009, 07:41 AM   #28
Deslock

Drives: 2013 DZE/01 (sold for MX5 ND1)
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black FT-86 View Post
N.A. from TC,
Currently driving an NA Mazda Miata, year-round in MN. With the hardtop and snow tires, driving in the winter is more fun than the summer - kind of.

I hope the Toyota FT-86 will prompt Mazda to launch their Kabura and that will get Nissan's ball rolling on a realistic version of the 'URGE' concept. Why can't we have the Japanese create and sell to this great niche market? Small, cheap, front-engined, rear-wheel drive, two-dour, four-seat, lightweight, stylish, fuel efficient, Holy Grail of useful sports cars...

Mazda brought back the small roadster market with the Miata, hopefully Toyota will have the same level of success with the FT-86!

N.A.
Howdy from an NB owner who agrees 100% with you. There is simply no substitute for lightweight and RWD. If Toyota can attain their target of 2650lbs (and if the shifter and steering are good), I'll buy the Ft-86. If it's above 2700lbs, I'm not interested.

It's a travesty that the Kabura (cheap, RWD, ~2500 pounds, nifty 3+1 seating) didn't make it to production. Hopefully the Kabura, 16X, and old RX-01 concept will be mixed together for a new, inexpensive, lightweight, 3+1 seat RX7 in a few years.
Deslock is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Deslock For This Useful Post:
IloveBaldEagles (05-03-2014)