View Single Post
Old 06-10-2020, 01:50 PM   #31
GrabTheWheel

Drives: 16' BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZDan View Post
At ~56/44 weight distribution post-swap, the FT86 isn't an ideal platform for a big-power LS IMO, but of course it can be done...

I'm coming from a 6.8 LS3 swapped FD RX-7, which at 50/50 post swap is a better place to start.

But yeah, if you're not doing the work yourself you'll come out WAY ahead getting a C6 Z06.
I also have a 6.8L LS3. The latest iteration of my Chevubaru will be very close to the weight of a factory 86. The only creature comfort I’m losing is AC. Will still have radio, cruise control, back up camera, interior etc.

With the dry sump oil tank, battery, surge tank, and fire suppression all in the trunk I think I should see a nice improvement over the 56/44 weight split. No room for groceries but oh well!

Only reason to do this swap is if you love the platform, love wrenching or you’re dying to do an LS swap. I enjoy having a sleeper that pulls on C7 Z06’s on the straights. I could’ve had a fleet of Corvettes by now. I really do love the car though and having something unique.
GrabTheWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GrabTheWheel For This Useful Post:
p1l0t (06-10-2020), ZDan (06-10-2020)