Dave-ROR
Site Moderator

Drives: Stuff
Thanked 5,965 Times in 2,689 Posts
Mentioned: 262 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS_FIEND View Post
Yeah you're going to love the verus changes. I did mine in all one go and had zero issues, I cant speak to a act xt clutch with a oem fork and oem throw out bearing which we all know are weak and prone to failure. I'm the type that changes things before they're an issue.

Good to hear another person with a good experience with act. I'm no* ACT is end all be all guy*. I'm just saying I dont have a problem with mine. Great for my street car, cant speak for track use.
Well after dropping the trans.. I found no damage to the clutch/pp/fw. The fork LOOKED fine. Springs all looked fine. Everything was installed exactly as it should be. Pivot also looked fine but.. it was a TINY amount shorter than the new OEM one I bought. I replaced the springs, pivot, TOB and installed the verus fork and threw it back together.

I didn't drive it at all since the car has no exhaust (broke the resonator on the MXP CompRS right down the welds so just buying another exhaust instead - will fix that one later and use on our future champ car frs/brz - also that resonator high sided on rocks and was pulled from a wrecked car sooo...).

I did also discover that the trans fluid which has 4.5 days or so of usage on it was pretty burnt smelling. Gear 300 so not shit fluid. Car has underpanels all the way to the diff so I suspect the trans got very hot and fluid may have overheated... (it's probably worth noting I don't drive the car gently)

Bled the clutch too just in case.

Will find out if it's working Dec 11-13..
Tow: 2022 F-450
Toys: 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Parts: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited, 2005 Acura TSX
Projects: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited track car build
FS: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 LT CCSB 8.1/Allison with 99k miles
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave-ROR For This Useful Post:
DarkPira7e (11-29-2020), FRS_FIEND (11-29-2020), Tcoat (11-29-2020)