View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 09:19 PM   #206
gravitylover

Drives: 2013 BRZ Premium 6MT White
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marco1ca View Post
Crap! I"m now upset after reading your post. I"m selling my Tacoma and was planning to buy a new Forrester sport, 2019, seriously, within the next two weeks. I especially wanted it for occasional snow and some off-road as i'm into landscape photography. Yea, I know this is off topic but damn! Is it really that bad? I know it's slow, but didn't care about that. Please PM me as this is not recall related. Btw, my brz is also in the shop, but I got a Chevy Impala
Yeah really, go try it for yourself but take it for a day or two not just a typical 5 minute jaunt. If the sport has a slightly tuned suspension it would sure help, that's where most of my beef with daily driveability comes from. Unfortunately the safety stuff is probably inevitable but damn is it annoying. Fortunately it can be turned off but you've gotta wonder if something does go wrong how the insurance company is going to handle it. The seats I don't know if there's a fix for, they're the reason I ditched my Crosstrek and got the BRZ. The fkn things suck. Period. YMMV. It's not slow though, it takes care of itself quite nicely and will cruise all day at 70-80 while getting ~28mpg and if you milk it you can push 31

Go drive the thing but also take a look at the Volvo XC40. They make the best seats in the biz, the rig should be totally competent in the variety of weather and conditions you're talking about and Volvo has a knack for keeping the nannies unobtrusive. It has been out now for a bit and they have this wacky "ownership" deal so there should start to be some off lease soon.