Old 01-09-2020, 06:00 AM   #8
Busybee

Drives: BRZ limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Headlights

Quote:
Originally Posted by korhun View Post
There is a little cap in the glovebox (12 volt socket). You can use that cap to close the hole on the passenger side (near the mats) That hole takes the engine intake sound into the cabin. So you cannot hear the sweet engine sound anymore.

I have no idea, why anybody who bought this car would do such a thing though. I've pull out the foam in that hole to hear some more engine sound, and I think it is way better like that

Anyway, return to OP question: Especially German cars sold in my country sell this feature for extra money (put it in the higher trims) And mention it as "leaving/coming home" function. It is interesting that Subaru has it and they don't mention about it. I couldn't find anything about it in the owners manual. It would have been better if the 20 sec time could me modified using the infotainment. How hard could it be to make an interface for that?

That’s really interesting! I will check this immediately!

Here in the US most of the sales person also do not know much about these small details (at least the Subaru dealers I visited). Actually it’s really weird since Subaru does not have 10s of different models.
For example; When I bought my car the the tie down rubber lids that should be placed under the car were in the glow box. They never mentioned to me to put it on the car or did not put it themselves. I also did not pay attention for a long time. Just took them with the manual out from the glovebox and brought them home.

After 5000 miles when I was reading the training hand book And I saw them on a page and put them on the car.

Have been driving 5000 miles with a hole under the car )))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mazda 323F BA 1997 - Overseas
Mazda 323 BG 1994 - Sold
Mazda 323 BG 1991 - Sold
Busybee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Busybee For This Useful Post:
korhun (01-09-2020)