View Single Post
Old 04-10-2021, 12:02 PM   #29
spike021

Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Thanked 6,471 Times in 3,207 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Honestly, on my very first track day (HPDE with Hooked on Driving at Thunderhill East) I did mostly fine all day, not pushing too hard and trying to learn.

But inevitably I still ate it hard and went fully off-track in my last session of the day. My 73 year old, former race car driver instructor who'd been riding with me and also taking me in his 2017 PP BRZ out on the track showed me how to tackle one corner and I got waaay over-confident. I felt like I was ready at the end of the day to accomplish it the same way.

And, well, nope.

Fortunately no damage because that part of the track has so much run-off. But the things to worry about depending on the track are walls, ditches, other cars.

Like what happens if you spin out and somehow wind up back on the track because you aren't experienced enough yet to control where you're going/stop in a safe area? And then someone hits you because it's beginner group and people aren't necessarily 100% attentive to new things happening on the track?
It sounds to me like the delicate, metallic sounds of piston skirts slapping against the cylinder walls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Now, if it was three feet long and you were using all that leverage
spike021 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spike021 For This Useful Post:
femaledog (04-15-2021), Jdmjunkie (04-10-2021)