View Single Post
Old 09-22-2021, 03:34 PM   #50
JesseG

Drives: 2016 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzmitry View Post
IMO, the only safety tech I've always wished to have is blind spot detection. That's it. The rest is extra/bonus/possibly annoying. But when it comes to safety, trying to see my blind spot on the left has been pretty difficult in some rare situations, and I have been honked at in the past. Never had this problem with any other car in the past. This car is just too tiny and "tight" so having that is a big plus for me.

I noticed that with my FR-S, even though it has good visibility for such a small and flat car, the left side blind spot especially you have to be careful about. BSM would be very helpful.

I’m not a big fan of lane keep assist or collision detection. Luckily with Toyota’s system you can dial back the sensitivity or turn it off altogether. I’ve noticed that with pre collision detection I’m already preparing for what to do before the car starts beeping at me. I think it could be helpful in an extreme situation where the car can start to brake faster than a person could. Either way, I’m completely ok with the twins not being inundated with safety tech.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JesseG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JesseG For This Useful Post:
Dzmitry (09-23-2021)