View Single Post
Old 05-27-2021, 07:34 AM   #111
spcmafia

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ
Thanked 4,144 Times in 1,989 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Received the hangers yesterday from Nengun. Shipping took about a month, and delivery 3 days. Only had time to install 4 out of the 5.
This stuff does work, it's almost mind-blowing. I wasn't expecting a reduction in exhaust sound but I did want to get rid of cabin vibration, and I wasn't disappointed. Cabin vibration went down by 70% imo. Maybe installing the 5th behind the catback can help improve the reduction of cabin vibration / drone.

For any newcomers, this will not reduce exhaust tone/rasp/noise, it reduces the cabin vibration/drone. To put in perspective, I have catted UEL headers, double resonated FP, this should make for a quiet exhaust, then an HKS Spec-L which is definitely much louder than a Q300, TRD, R400.

So now I have a deep-aggresive-growling exhaust with zero rasp, and a comfortable cabin drone. I'll the boss lady be the judge of it.

Is it worth replacing the OEM exhaust hangers with JDM after waiting a month. Yes. Not only are they cheap ($6 each), but it is proven to work. If I purchase something for cheap my way of thinking is; If it works, its a win, it was cheap. If it doesn't work, it's still a win because it was cheap.

Would I recommend replacing just 2, 4, or all 5. I would say send it. Do them all. But that's just a personal opinion. You can start with 2 or 3 and then make your way up. Just be wary of the long shipping times.

Thank you OP, great discovery. Cheers.
Busybee (06-11-2022), Cephas (05-29-2021), gpvecchi (05-27-2021), jeepmor (03-02-2022), jflogerzi (05-27-2021), saltywetman (05-28-2021)