Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBRZ1691 View Post
@steve99 I have been reading all your post about the OFT

I have a question about knock correction and have a log to post tomorrow. Left my OFT cord at work.

Current set up: K&N drop in filter, Cat-back, lightweight crank pulley ()
OFT stage 2 UL E85

I was running a log tonight and watching the graph and realized I was pulling upwards to 5 or 6 degrees in the KC Learned, which is the highest I have seen in my car, since normally it stays at 0 and very rarely ventures up to 3.

Most of the higher numbers 4-6 where in the 1800 to 3000 rpm rev range but I was still getting 2-4 above 3k rpms, all the while my IAM stayed at 1.

Is it just a bad batch of fuel? My light came on, drove 25 miles to pump. Put in two gallons of gas and brimmed it with E85.

are my KC learned numbers a concern? I am still reading and learning about tuning and data logging and the OFT.
Dont sweat mate KC Learned is not knock. its the amount of timing the ecu has available to it to correct knock via IAM/flkc at any particulat rpm/load, you have to compare your measured KC learned to the values in the Knock correction max A table at each rpm/loadcpoint to determine if you have knock its much easier to look at IAM FBKC and FLKC.

You need to look at FBKC(knock correction) and FLKC fine learning knock correction and your IAM.

If your IAM=1 and stays at one your knock is probably not to bad.

Then look at the amounts of Knock Correction FBKC and FLKC if they are less than one degree correction occasionally then all is ok
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
GotBRZ1691 (11-05-2014)