Old 01-13-2020, 01:51 AM   #117
Irace86.2.0

Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Thanked 5,805 Times in 3,299 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MugsBRZ View Post
Wow, that turned out awesome! It's great to hear that the Noico has made such a great difference; it's annoying hearing all the little pebbles in the wheel wells and the tire noise. You have me thinking about it, but ugh, your photos illustrate how much work it will be. Would I have to remove the OEM+ system or just all the seats and panels and carpeting and headliner?

It's also fantastic to hear the head unit powers up quickly and is functioning so well for you. Would you mind posting the link or name of the retailer you purchased the head unit and dash trim from?

Great location for the gain control knob. I used velcro adhesive so I wouldn't have to drill into any plastic.

Another great project on the IRACE 86!
Yes, the Noico has made a huge difference. I don't hear my loud, squeaky, brake pads anymore. I don't hear road noise, so much so, that I am forgetting how bad it really was. You would have to disconnect the sub of course and slide the wiring harness back through the hole that is cut into the rear fender cover, which is fairly easy and straight forward, but no, you wouldn't need to remove the OEM Audio wires to lay the sound deadening. It is a lot of work, but it has definitely transformed the car up a class.

I used Amazon (for security) via Fasmoto, but you can buy direct from Fasmoto too. They are out of Malaysia. The dash trim is JPM Coachworks, who is no longer in business.
MugsBRZ (01-14-2020)