Old 06-23-2017, 08:07 PM   #5
MurderousPandas

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FryinBerries View Post
So basically I just bought my 2013 FRS 3 weeks ago. I made an idiotic move, tried to cross a highway in my town and there was a car in my blind spot... the car is now totaled and I am going to be receiving a check from the insurance company to replace it.
I still REALLY want an FRS as I had it just long enough to absolutely fall in love with it. With the check I will be able to afford a new one but, the problem is my parents (specifically my mother) are terrified to have me in another small car. I've absolutely learned my lesson, there's no doubt about that. They just don't think an FRS offers enough protection.
I will be paying my fines as well as continuing to pay my insurance myself, so it's not like it's a financial burden to them. It's just the fact of safety.

Can anyone offer some advice to help me convince them that everything will be okay?

Thanks

How old are you? And where do you see yourself in 5 years? I almost regret buying mine just because a 4 door is a bit more practical and i am going into law enforcement. I love sportscars, but wish i had mine as a weekend car and another to daily.
Reasons to buy again:
You survived, the car has a great crash rating, only problem is that the whole car is a crumple zone
Not a lot of power, great learning car, hard to screw up drastically unlike something a bit more mean, such as a Corvette
Cheap, about the cheapest new car on the market, easy to find and buy parts, whether OEM or aftermarket

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk