Old 02-07-2019, 01:41 PM   #1
arkanist

Drives: 2016 BRZ Limited, Stock
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
PSA: Dont buy from Seidoworks

Seidoworks public reply - https://www.reddit.com/r/ft86/commen...oworks/eg8aanh

Update:

I am leaving the original post but at the suggestion of another 86 owner I decided to hit him up again and detail all the things I was unhappy with. He has promised to make it right in a way that would resolve this issue in my mind. I feel that it is only right that I stay transparent in what is going on. If he is willing to work with me now and fix this I am more than happy to forgive and forget.

Word is Seidoworks is back with a new website and whale tale, well just a heads up -

Fuck this guy and fuck his company.

I waited 2 years to get something from him and it showed up damaged, wrapped in cardboard and fucking plastic. He said he would pay *some* to fix it, agreed on $100. Never did. He has ghosted every other person from my preorder. I think the only reason I got anything is because I messaged him every couple of months, not that he replied in any reasonable time frame.

Heres a timeline, for anyone interested.

December 22, 2016 - Paid $700 for the preorder. Promised delivery date - 6 months.
July 11, 2017 - Sent email asking when the spoilers would be shipped
August 7, 2017 - Sent another email since he closed his big cartel, received a response the same day blaming the production company and mentioning a lawsuit.
October 27, 2017 - Sent another email asking when the spoiler will be shipped
November 13, 2017 - Sent another email asking when the spoiler will be shipped, he replies claiming to update me in 2-3 weeks. Spoiler - he didn't
January 2, 2018 - Sent another email asking when the spoiler will be shipped, send 2 followup emails on the 9th and the 15th, finally threatening to get my bank involved or seek legal action. He replies claiming to be abroad and claims another 1-2 weeks for boxes to be made.
February 14, 2018 - Still no update, sent another email asking when it will be shipped.
February 18, 2018 - He replies and blames being abroad and the company making boxes, claims he will know in a week.
March 14, 2018 - Sent an email asking for an update on the boxes
March 18, 2018 - I start an investigation with my bank as I am pretty sure I was scammed
March 21, 2018 - Sent an email asking for an update on the boxes
March 29, 2018 - Sent an email asking for an update on the boxes
April 9, 2018 - He replies saying he is home but still waiting on the boxes, no ETA
April 9, 2018 - I reply and inform him of the investigation. For the first time I get multiple replies in the same day.
April 9, 2018 - I pause the investigation temporarily at my bank.
April 12, 2018 - He gives me an update, boxes in 1 week.
April 23, 2018 - I ask for an update
April 29, 2018 - Boxes are ready.... but it is a holiday weekend
May 6, 2018 - He sends me a picture of the wing in a box.
May 8, 2018 - He sends me this "I wonder if I dare to send it without box, but wrapped good...?"
May 8, 2018 - I reply "My only question / concern is how would we deal with it if it did arrive damaged?"
May 14, 2018 - he lets me know he is out of town again.
May 21, 2018 - I ask for an update
May 24, 2018 - After I did not approve sending it unboxed, he sends me a picture of the wing all wrapped up sitting on top of a box I assume it will arrive in that box
June, 2018 - It is delivered without a box and damaged
June 14, 2018 - I send him a picture of the damage, he says to find a trusted shop to do it for cheap.

I shopped around and no one would do it under 200-250. He agreed to split it with me I have not heard from him since.

Here is a screenshot of the actual email communications so that you can draw your own conclusions

https://imgur.com/a/tKglxBc

Last edited by arkanist; 02-11-2019 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Communication received from Seidoworks
arkanist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to arkanist For This Useful Post:
DustinS (02-07-2019), FirstWinter (02-12-2019), gkubed (02-07-2019), Tcoat (02-07-2019)