View Single Post
Old 03-03-2021, 09:24 AM   #9
Hamza

Drives: Widebody 86/F56 Mini Cooper S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkcs View Post
Good day, looking to get your advice. i'll be looking at a 2013 Toyota 86 with about 36,000km on it. It did not undergo the Valve Spring Recall.

I was wondering for those who own a 2013 model who did not do the recall. how has it been so far? Would really appreciate your input.
Bought a 13 gt86 with 76k km that hadn't done the recall about a year ago. I needed something done by Toyota and they wouldn't do it unless recall was done. Generally it is a US issue to have bad job done on recalls because they get paid less so they rush it. No issues for me, the recall isn't really that big. Took a couple days. While the engine was out I asked the dealer to just put new spark plugs and they didn't charge any labor for it either. I tend to believe the North American FRS are built cheaper and have more issues (not something that is fact but it just seems like that to me).

I'd say the opposite to what the others are saying. Go for it. And don't go for the 2017+ because they lack the same aftermarket support
Hamza is offline   Reply With Quote