Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczynskika View Post
Known Front Strut Tower Bar Compatibility:
1. Cusco
2. STi
Name:  Fr-s STI flexible strut tower brace installed pic.jpg
Views: 1179
Size:  200.1 KB

I don't remember seeing any pics of this product installed with a Harrop SC , and most of the info that is posted seems to be scattered amongst the dozen?hundred?gazillion? posts on the subject.

One important bit of info that is absent from the majority of the post is that a spacer is required to obtain the clearance between the top of the SC and this strut bar. Thank you to whomever previously mentioned this fact(?-is there another way). I experimented a little, and eventually decided it was easier to buy spacers already on the market, and modify to fit. All the ones I found were marketed toward rallycross to raise the vehicle. Plenty of companies making/selling different versions. I originally intended to use this ABS version as a template for modifying a similar aluminum spacer, but so far it seems to be holding up.

Name:  Fr-s STI flex bar spacer subtle solutions pic.PNG
Views: 1039
Size:  76.4 KB

Name:  Fr-s STI flex bar spacer thickness pic.jpg
Views: 1050
Size:  43.3 KB,Name:  Fr-s STI flex bar  Harrop SC clearance pic.jpg
Views: 1015
Size:  45.4 KB

These spacers are intended to be installed under the strut towers, so when installed above the strut towers, material must be removed to clearance the strut tower braces and protruding body panels to which the braces attach. OEM brace pictured below to show that they are "in the way", as are the Raceseng braces I have installed. (and if your going to freehand with a Dremel, expect it to be ugly)

Name:  Fr-s strut tower brace OEM pic.PNG
Views: 1029
Size:  151.7 KB,Name:  Fr-s strut tower brace Raceseng pic.PNG
Views: 998
Size:  152.7 KB

Name:  Fr-s STI Flex bar spacer  tower brace clearance pic.jpg
Views: 1010
Size:  62.3 KB,Name:  Fr-s flex bar spacer  body panel clearance pic.jpg
Views: 1073
Size:  44.4 KB

This version of spacers came with mounting hardware which seems to fit with OEM shock mounts. If you have Raceseng CasCam plates, then you gotta get longer bolts. I bought 35mm long replacements which give plenty of thread protrusion (can't have the nutplates falling off/lost as I make adjustments 5 minutes before hot laps begin...thats how I roll).

Name:  Fr-s STI flex bar  shock strut hardware pic.jpg
Views: 1004
Size:  30.2 KB,Name:  Fr-s STI flex bar  shock strut hardware thread protrusion pic.jpg
Views: 1016
Size:  38.7 KB

All Hail Harrop
Scotty-B is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scotty-B For This Useful Post:
grumpysnapper (08-01-2020), Irace86.2.0 (08-01-2020)