View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 11:41 PM   #10
Decep

Drives: 2013 FR-S Series 10
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by strat61caster View Post
@FirstWinter It's been $70/set for a few years now and I 2nd everything you said (especially that OP should switch to 225's with an 8" wheel) except the Continentals should make the list alongside the MPSS, I've got MPSS right now and my next set will either be the Conti's or the Firestones.

When I was looking at MPSS the big advantage to Costco was the cheap install prices and in my experience they do a decent job, even after rebate the tire prices were only a few bucks cheaper than TireRack, but I wouldn't take my 'racecar wheels + tires' to them, they're lazy with the wheel weights. Good enough for my street tires/occasional track beater set though. I didn't think you could order just tires from Costco, thought they had to mount them, they're also prickly about not doing OEM sizes, so regardless a 215 on an 8 might be a hassle to have them do. Odds are it'd be easiest to just order on TireRack and ship to your preferred installer or have your installer order them, a few shops I called said they didn't make any money on tires, they just order the set from TireRack like you or I would, ymmv.
You can just pick up tires from costco. they refund you the installation cost is all. i wouldnt trust them not to scratch up my rims either.

Though i dont see the problem with a 215 on 8" rim, its within Michelin's specs.
i dont buy from tirerack because shipping costs are too high, no point in saving money on tires then paying a bunch in shipping. ends up being the same.
Decep is offline   Reply With Quote