View Single Post
Old 06-04-2020, 01:26 PM   #40
jessieboi

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam86 View Post
That's great, hope it's as good for you as it has been for me.

After getting the headers installed I loaded the stage 2+ tune, did all the steps and after finishing and letting the car rest for a minute I put it in accessory mode and just slowly fully pressed down the throttle. Did that for about a minute changing up how fast or slow I pressed it then went on my way.

I don't think it fully calibrates the throttle response, but it was definitely a lot less noticeable than when I didn't do it when I did the stage 1 tune.

After a few days of driving I think it's back to normal as in no weird delays when accelerating. I say think because its been awhile since I was fully stock so don't remember what it's like. I'd say it's noticeably more torquey when you put it in sport mode but i'd suggest not putting it in any modes (sport/ vsc sport) until you feel like the tune has settled in or at least don't drive it for long periods of time in sport. (I don't know for sure how much of a difference it makes but at least for me- the only times I felt the delayed throttle response from the tune being fully settled was when I put it in sports mode as I was swapping it between normal and sport fairly frequently which might of slowed down the ECU calibrating) That being said, still improves the cars performance as a whole.

My friends description of his friends stock 86 was that it felt like a "slug" until you got to the high range where it started to pick up, but in my car he felt the responsiveness immediately all the way through
got that noted! again I appreciate all the input and help, feeling really confident now going with this setup with the stock exhaust. just the waiting game now for the shipment to arrive lol.
jessieboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jessieboi For This Useful Post:
Sam86 (06-05-2020)