View Single Post
Old 05-26-2021, 03:08 PM   #19117
wolffbite
Just the tip

Drives: 2017 DGM BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Over the weekend...

Replaced Magnaflow CBE with Perrin 2.5 Resonated CBE. Installed radium master cylinder brace.

The difference in quality over the magnaflow was very apparent right when I opened the box. Welds all look perfect, everything polished nicely, and the flanges are solid instead of just flared / punched metal. And the tips are even at the diffuser now! V-band clamps for making the connections are sooooo nice and easy compared to the slip-on clamps the magnaflow used. I'm also sure that the 300 series stainless will hold up a lot better than the 410 stainless magnaflow uses on their pipes... only 3.5 years and it was pretty rusty under there. For nearly twice the price I'm hoping it is the last one I will ever purchase for the car!

Sound wise it is a tiny bit quieter than the magnaflow on cold start and when cruising (this was the intent of making the change). It has a nice throaty growl when you get on it and downshift, but is very reasonable for regular driving and I can keep it really quiet around residential areas.

Master cylinder brace is... OK. Underwhelming is a good way to describe it considering the cost. Stiffens up the pedal nicely near the end of travel under heavier braking. I'll keep it, but can't say I recommend it for street use.
wolffbite is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wolffbite For This Useful Post:
BrahmaBull1990 (05-26-2021), Stonehorsw (05-26-2021)