Old 02-08-2021, 04:44 PM   #13
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,177 Times in 6,835 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tankslapper View Post
What other consideration would there be besides fastest lap time? And what difference will it make what my lap times are, considering there are just as many variables associated with those as anything else we are discussing? Let's assume I'm comfortable driving a balanced and well-set up car at its limit.
I have heard from other 86 Cup members whose opinion I trust that you (Mike at CSG) are a good resource for all things performance-related as it pertains to the 86 platform. That said, I realize this post was misguided and not the best venue for my inquiry. I'll reach out personally when the time is right to you and other vendors to try to come to an informed decision re: a suspension.
Everything on the car is a system. May folks will just blindly recommend whatever they sell or purchased for themselves.

I set up championship winning cars, as well as factory cars. I take into consideration everything that is on the car.

Tire grip. Tire model. Wheel used. Articulation. Clearance. Bump steer. Bushing deflection. Power output. Aero.

"Balanced and well set up" tends to be highly subjective, so I ask for the very same data and results that you asked for in your original post. I need to know what you like, if I am to make a recommendation for you.

I believe Pat will be (or already has) forwarded you my contact info. I think a conference call will be far more productive rather than a forum thread!
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CSG Mike For This Useful Post:
Pat (02-08-2021), Tanstin (02-12-2021)