Old 07-06-2016, 09:19 PM   #65
wheelhaus

Drives: 2013 BRZ, 2020 KTM Super Duke 1290R
Thanked 1,141 Times in 624 Posts
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
LED light bar looks better than dotted LED lights in a row. You wanna avoid unreasonable price ones... EVEN though it legit parts, if price doesn't compete with other competitors, it's hard to sell. If you can make in same price or +$0~+$25 for lil bit more brigher dotted LED, I can see myself upgrading it.
That's exactly why I chose the light bar, its not super bright, but it's very good quality.

From what I've seen, the Intec uses bulb-type LEDs. I prefer SMD-type LEDs that look like chips on a circuit board. The effect is the same, being small bright dots, but the quality of light produced by SMD is better and brighter since SMD can have up to 3 diodes per LED (a.k.a. 3-chip LED) so they can appear much brighter. Bulb style only have one, and need a lens to direct the light to make it appear brighter on-center, but they look dim off-center (like a flashlight).

Here's a comparison I did, the first is the standard black aluminum LED light bar, second is with the diffuser removed exposing the bare LEDs, and third is an alternate strip with VERY bright LEDs. #3 is just a bare circuit board with exposed LEDs, so by itself it's less attractive than the light bar, but if the glass is tinted it would be nearly invisible. Note- the camera can't show how bright this light bar really is; it's BRIGHT!
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=87
wheelhaus is offline   Reply With Quote