View Single Post
Old 06-01-2020, 07:27 PM   #3525
jayjay06

Drives: 2016 Scion FR-S RS 2.0
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR-ZED View Post
Thanks, I may take you up on that, if things don't go well. Plan to read the entire install manual thoroughly and research any questions I have in detail before starting. I am pretty sure I read the entire manual a year or two ago, and left it feeling reasonably comfortable save 2 or 3 steps.

Off the top of my mind the things I am most worried about are:
1. Getting the SC / intake manifold seated properly w/out damaging the red gaskets
2. Bleeding the clutch (that step seemed to be lacking in details a bit, when i skimmed the instructions - having never done a clutch bleed before)
3. priming the system's water pump
1. So I swung it into place without gaskets on, did a dry fit, then lifted it about 3-4 inches. I greased the the gaskets with the super lube mentioned before and then sort of "felt" it into place. I used a mirror to do a quick check and then had my son lower the rope as I guided it in. As far as I know so far no leaks (tuning is going well).
2. Clutch: I was very quick on swapping the cable and tried to prevent too much air getting in (and fluid out). Then to bleed if you have a clear tube, but it on end of bleed valve into a cup. Have someone pump clutch and hold down. When down, open the valve...fluid comes out and clutch goes down to the floor. Close valve, pull up clutch and repeat...pump hold open valve. Do it until you don't see air in the line. If no tube, you can just do it into a cup or towel and do the cycle 5-10 times. Make sure reservoir doesn't go below min line.
3. I tried using the no spill funnel, but of course mine didn't come with the right attachment to fit the surge. So I just turned key to on to get pump running and kept filling it up. It sucked it down a couple times, so just started over. I'm sure I had a little air in there, but if you read line 8 of the purge, it notes over time the air will escape into the surge. I had to add coolant after a couple times running, so that tells me air is purging.
jayjay06 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayjay06 For This Useful Post:
BR-ZED (06-01-2020)