Old 03-12-2018, 11:14 PM   #9
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,178 Times in 6,835 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyBRZ View Post
I have updates. All 4 port injectors flow the same volume before and after cleanup.
All the direct injectors flow the same except #3 (The one with the heaviest heat signs in the injector body). This one flows 14% more fuel before and after cleanup.
I will check #3 cylinder thoroughly with a boroscope and test % leak down and compression when I put it back together. The spark plug looked a little leaner than the other three but not so bad so I think the cylinder is fine.
As I mentioned in earlier thread, I noticed the high pressure rail hold down bolt for #4 was not the same thread or head size than the other three. These bolts are M8x1.25 thread with a 12 mm head. These butchers went to a 3/8" - 16 with a 13 mm head and called it a day.
I did call Subaru and documented everything thoroughly to them on the phone and in writing. This is not cool at all and I need a regional service manager to look into this and get me some answers.

https://ibb.co/cFnPiS
I recommend just completely replacing the injectors. They get damaged with the heat they see when the seals go bad.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CSG Mike For This Useful Post:
AndyBRZ (03-13-2018)