View Single Post
Old 02-21-2023, 12:01 PM   #1368
Bergycheese348

Drives: TRD Supercharged 2016 FR-S
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Experience with Ace A350 and fp

Older thread at this point and this may not be super relevant at this point, but i thought I would share my experience.

Performance:
This header had an amazing feel from the start. Even without a tune I would say it felt like it helped the torque dip to a noticeable effect. After the tune, the car was definitely faster throughout the RPM range. I have no dyno figures, so can not give evidence on that. With the FP installed it did not give a noticable difference from what I could tell, but then again it did not have a new tune. I assume gains with the added front pipe would have a max output of 10 whp, with a number probably closer to 6 or 7.

Sound:
TRD 'D' catback, stock headers, stock FP. Car sounded good, but on the quiet side. Had drone at highway speeds.

March '22. A350, TRD catback, stock FP (CSG tune):
Car immediately became louder but sounded like a more 'race car' version of the TRD setup. I say that as it ended up having that similar TRD sound, but also seemed to be just a tad higher pitched yet started to sound like a step under the 'tin' type sound. Also made it sound smoother and took away the drone.

July '22 Ace FP, A350, TRD catback (same tune):
originally had an exhaust leak and sounded like a riced out civic. After fixing that, on a cold start it sounded almost deeper, like how the TRD sounded originally. After being on WOT, though, it is definitely loud but not too loud. Sounds way more mature yet race car at the same time, as you will have some rasp with the deep sound (which exponentially gets higher) but its not like exhaust leak rasp or anything close to it. For highway speeds (65 and less) it is perfectly fine and not anything loud at all. When on CC at 80+ (granted my rear end is stripped) it is pretty loud and can get a bit too loud if you are driving over an hour, and my Apple watch always gives me a warning exceeding 90 db, and sometimes says 95 if im on it just a bit more with music playing. I have gotten a lot of compliments on this setup though, and have gotten one where he said it sounded like a low-revving F1 car.

Overall rankings and reasoning:
1: A350 & TRD - Tame, yet sounded amazing. will not deafen you, but gives you a good sense of the car.
2: A350, Ace FP, TRD - a bit too loud for the average Joe (maybe thats just for the stripped interior), but very much has the race car sound.
3: TRD - always had a good sound, but there was just a tad too much drone for me and was just slightly too quiet.

Overall I love this header and would recomend it to anyone. If you can find one for a good price used, I say go for it (since they do not make them any more and people seemingly upcharge for them now).

Other things that may have affected my experience: TRD intake, TRD LWFW/Race clutch, TRD engine/transmission mounts.
Bergycheese348 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bergycheese348 For This Useful Post:
CSG Mike (02-22-2023), StraightOuttaCanadaEh (02-21-2023), weederr33 (02-22-2023)