soulreapersteve
Contract? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Drives: An orange cone with flappy paddles
Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,703 Posts
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane View Post
I think the roundtrip trip is 440 miles, which seems rather short to me. I can see it taking a full weekend by staying at Leavenworth, etc. but not bleed into the week.

I'm waiting for the Spring semester to end before I take the trip, but it's probably unnecessary to miss work for it. Iunno is it worth treating it like a full vacation the first time around?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW FRS View Post
Hard to say... kind of depends on whether you're doing this loop for the "driving experience" or "checking out the various spots along the route..." (or some sort of mix of the two). If it's "all about the road" and enjoying the 86 as it tackles the route... IMHO you're looking at an easy 2-day trip. Throw in some 1 or 2 hour + stops and you can see how you'd start creeping into a 3rd day.

And the wild card is also how many hours you expect (want) to be in the seat.... some people are "done" after 3-4 hours... some can go 7+ hours a day.
What PNW said.

Each time I do the loop, I finish it within 10 hours. That includes stops for restroom, one 1.5 hour lunch, and spots for pictures. Can finish it faster if we *cough* drive faster with less breaks, which we usually do.

Really unnecessary to miss work for the loop. If you want to do it in 2-ish days and enjoy the scenic sights, leave Saturday in the early AM then return Sunday night.
The Twins make me smile
soulreapersteve is offline   Reply With Quote