View Single Post
Old 05-31-2022, 09:56 AM   #84
grumpysnapper

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerusEric View Post
I will say our radiator uses the same cores that are used in F1, IndyCar, Rally, etc. The core we specify is the best of the best, made right here in Indianapolis by PWR/C&R.
I really know it shouldn't irk me, but why coat your (excellent) product in a layer of parochial over reach?

There is absolutely no shame in saying its based on, or is, an imported PWR radiator /core made by PWR, at PWR.

Part of the pleasure in something like a PWR product is that it is actually truly made in the same factory as an F1 radiator.

PWR still says it makes all its radiators/cores, including the F1, WRC, Indy etc etc stuff, at its HQ.

I've been with Kees Weel a few times in his HQ, even been allowed to handle 2 or 3 of the F1 teams different radiators .... and some of the even more amazing/hard to even fathom military cooling modules.

Hearing him explain a couple of years ago how (at the time) F1 teams wanted to achieve an additional weight saving of less than 100grams per radiator, and in doing so were willing to go from using 2 x $80000 radiators per car over two race weekends (then shipped back to be fully rebuilt) to 2 x $120000 radiators per car per single race weekend...was a sobering lesson in engineering extremes.
grumpysnapper is offline   Reply With Quote