View Single Post
Old 08-17-2019, 12:54 PM   #71
rennlistuser3

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermk2 View Post
First off I wouldn't trust the gas mileage thing on the dash mine has always seemed off about 2 mpg on the optimistic side. Stock I got around 30, once I switched to Pilot Super Sports it dropped down to 27, and now with the Edelbrock kit its around 22-24. I get about 240 miles on a tank of gas give or take these days. My C5Z could hit 28-30 pretty easily and the C6Z was 25-28. Granted if you drove them hard they all get terrible gas mileage. But the Corvettes cruises at 1400 RPM at like 80mph vs like 2.5x that in these cars. The C6 had a large trunk and with great gas mileage it was a great road trip vacation car. The thing I hated the most was the sketchy handling. While it handled great it was just never predictable. You could never really trust it and always had that impending sense of doom feeling going on.

Personally kinds of disappointed the C8 has no manual. I was originally pretty hyped that this was going to be a modern Pantera and get me back into Vettes, but for me no manual = doesn't buy.
sooo......

I had the chance yesterday to drive a good bit of highway, and you're right the dash MPG does tend to exaggerate MPG by about 2 on the optimistic side.

I fill up the tank and drive and then refill and divide miles/gallons.

On first stint, I was driving like a granny at around 70 MPH crossing 100 miles, and got 34.7, the odometer was being optimistic at 36.9!

second stint I was driving regularly crossing 200 miles (80 MPH often short stints of WOT for fun hitting speeds best not mentioned then costing down) and I got 29.1 MPG. I really doubt anyone drives normally like I do so I would expect the read MPG of a BRZ to be around 33 to 34 MPG instead of the suggested 29.

BRZ is really fuel efficient to be honest. I think it's because it makes good on drag (unlike SUVs) I don't know.
rennlistuser3 is offline   Reply With Quote