Old 06-10-2015, 12:41 PM   #3752
KevinK121
Miata traitor

Drives: 2002 Miata SE
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdnguyen View Post
Honestly I wouldn't even bother with OFT. Open source tunes take away from the potential revenue a company like ecutek could have. More revenue allows for more R&D. Ecutek has brought a lot of cool features for many platforms and many other companies steal from them... Especially the open source ones.

That being said, obviously you're better off with ecutek. Plus if you decide to go e85 which I highly recommend you have flex fuel options with ecutek. E85 pumps that I've filled up at have varied from e87-e45. Flex fuel is really your best option for performance and reliability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can see your point but at the same time it's annoying that ecutek is going to nickel and dime you for ***certain features. Why not release it as complete? Like Nintendos view on not having dlc. They aim to release a product in its entirety as its meant to be. Vs ps and Xbox who's out to nickel and dime for the rest of the game later down the line.

Hondata gives you the entire product up front and I'm sure they're doing just fine.

OFT is definitely a different market ploy and I really don't think what they offer should threaten ecutek. The only thing, in my opinion, that turns people away from ecutek is their decision to make you pay for anything you want to do. That or people arent technically inclined to have precise control over specific parameters of their maps.

*** I need to be a master tuner to use the 4 map switch and tune boost in closed loop? Cmonnnn

Last edited by KevinK121; 06-11-2015 at 07:29 AM.
KevinK121 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KevinK121 For This Useful Post:
ka-t_240 (06-10-2015)