Old 03-22-2019, 03:41 PM   #7
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquachulator View Post
A little less "confirmation" and a little bit more "all signs point to yes" type statement.

TCoat gonna have a field day with this.

Im not a huge fan of the boxer motor, so I'd like to see something a bit more revvy (see if they can get it to or close to 8000 RPM redline :p) and a bit more smooth.

Yes and eliminate torque dip, even though I feel like that issue is exaggerated a bit (mainly from the "I've never driven a slow car before" crowd)
Yep. I received PMs with the UK tabloid release. Notice the lack of any form of info we didn't already know months ago? Slow news day filler.

So the "interview" went like this:
Journalist (loosest form of the term) - Is Toyota happy with the 86?
Harrison - It has been a successful ‘halo’ product for us.
Journalist - Will the Supra replace it?
Harrison - Supra is not to replace that car. They are for different audiences and are different products. We see a situation where they will sit alongside each other
Journalist - The 86 will have a next generation then right?
Harrison - That is a safe assumption
Journalist - What about declining sales?
Harrison - Its role is not one particularly about volume globally. It’s about adding excitement to the brand and emotional appeal.
Journalist - What about...
Harrison - That is enough now get out of the washroom and let me shit in peace.
Journalist - Fine I have enough to write a story with zero substance that will still get clicks.

You are not going to see anything with an 8K rev limit nor huge HP. It just isn't going to happen. If you take anything out of that load of bunk it should be that not much will change at all. They will not push it into Supra performance territory.
ajc209 (09-20-2019), Alpha86 (09-03-2019), Dadhawk (03-22-2019), NCtoBRZ (04-25-2019), TofuJoe (03-22-2019), Vic4uf (09-26-2019)